Thai Zucchini Salad with Peanut Dressing is a quick salad inspired by thai flavors, with crunchy matchstick veggies and lipsmacking peanut dressing, a perfect cold salad for summers.
I have a bias for Thai or Asian flavors. Be it Salads or curries or whatever, they are so easy to put together, and theres a riot of flavors, and theres never a dull or bland moment when u are savoring a dish with such flavors. As you know iam trying to make #100HappySalads, and in the pursuit, i have discovered beautiful flavors, and so happy to share it with you guys here.
This Salad has a kickass Peanut Salad Dressing. Iam not exaggerating, but its such a melody of flavors, you would love to make this for your Asian Salads always.
Theres technically nothing called a Thai Zucchini Salad, but this being inspired by Thai flavors, and that dressing, iam safe to call it a thai salad. Oh and my love for Zucchini noodles continues. Checkout our other zucchini salads, Italian Chicken Salad, Pesto Zoodles Chicken Salad, and my all time flavorite lemon capers dressing Zucchini Ribbons Salad.
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 Zucchini, made into noodles
- 1/4 cup matchsticks of red and green peppers
- 1/4 cup napa cabbage.
- 1 chicken breast, thawed.
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil / sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp schezuan sauce / tobasco, for spice
- First, make the dressing, mix all the ingredients in a small jar, shake well to mix, keep aside.
- Marinade the chicken in some oil, soy sauce, honey, salt and pepper, for 10 minutes, while you cut the veggies
- Cut thin shreds of all the veggies, as shown in the picture.
- Use a spiralizer to create the zucchini noodles, or again, cut thin strip of zucchini too.
- Cook the chicken on a hot grill pan, for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and wrap in a silver foil, and let it cook in the heat for few minutes.
- Remove, shred into thin strips, and keep aside.
- Mix all the cut veggies and chicken strips, Sprinkle the dressing on top and mix well before serving.