Shrimp Kale and Lentil Salad is a flavorful salad packed with proteins and flavors with nutty lentils, fat and juicy shrimps and crunchy kale leaves.
This salad is me bringing together few of my current favorites, shrimps, kale leaves and a childhood favorite, masoor dal / french lentils / put lentils. So here the masoor goes fancy :).
Yes, am repeating it for the umpteenth time that i have recently developed this liking for shrimps. make them fat and juicy, and i love them in salads, or curries or rices, or anytihng for that matter, am contemplating these days if i have started liking them more than eggs, well theres time to decide that i guess.
Kale leaves are another of my newfound loves. When i first tasted Kale in the US, i thought its too hard a leaf for salads of my choice. But later i discovered baby kale, and how it transforms a salad, and then there was no looking back.
- 1/4 cup masoor dal / puy lentils / french lentil, cooked
- 6-7 shrimp, deveined, thawed
- 1 cup kale leaves, ends cut, torn randomly
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp mixed herbs / thymes
- 1 pinch red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
Ingredients for dressing
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice / apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- Pressure Cook the lentils until tender for 5 whistles, Drain,and keep aside.
- In a plate, toss the thawed and squeezed shrimp with the herbs and chilli flakes, and salt.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a non stick pan / skillet over medium-high. Add the grated garlic, and let it fry for 20 secs.
- Place the shrimp with some space in between, and fry on each side for 2 minutes. Or until just turned opaque. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add a dash of water and scrape the pan, add the kale leaves and saute for 30 secs.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, and fry for 20 secs.
- In a bowl, add the lentils, kale, cherry tomatoes and shrimp. Taste and season with salt and pepper, accordingly.
- Drizzle the seasoning as much as required. Toss together and serve.
- If you don’t have dijon handy, just add some lemon juice and adjust seasoning.
- Try to get jumbo prawns, to get chunky juicy pieces for a salad.