Roasted Potato and Kidney beans Salad is a refreshing way to pair the traditional indian potatoes and rajma into a salad and a perfect balance of carbs and protein.
I have decided to do a #MeatlessMonday challenge for my salads, and its been long enough i have wanted to do this. Over the weekend i met a friend, who is more than my strength, and a little push from loved ones does wonders, and hence iam here trying to kickstart this. Even though all my salads have veg substitutes mentioned in it, but i thought why not specifically do some meatless salads too.
But i am particular about getting the right balance of proteins and carbs in my salads, otherwise as its said in Hindi, “gale se nai utrega”(literally, wouldn’t slide down my throat). So a paneer, or kidney beans always comes to my rescue as a portion in my salads. Also i had a bag full of these pretty tiny potatoes to use, a long time bookmarked post from a dear fellow blogger in mind (Srujans potato and rajma salad), the rosemary and potatoes were stuck in my mind. Played with the dressing, the ingredients, and what a lovely salad it turned out to be.
- 1 cup of baby potatoes, washed, cooked
- 1 cup kidney beans, soaked, cooked
- 1/2 cucumber, washed, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 tomato, washed, diced
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 strands of rosemary
Ingredients for dressing
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- sale & pepper
- Pressure cook the baby potatoes for 2 whistles, and let it cool. Remove and cut into halves.
- Pressure cook, soaked kidney beans for 5-7 whistles on medium heat, remove and let cool.
- Spread them on a baking tray with baking paper or aluminium foil, sprinkle some olive oil, salt and pepper and the rosemary.
- Bake for 10 minutes on 200C, or pan roast for 4-5 minutes on high.
- Remove from heat, let it cool.
- Make the dressing in a jar, shake well, and keep aside.
- Mix the roasted potatoes, cut cucumber, tomato, onion, and cooked kidney beans.
- Drizzle the dressing, and mix well, and enjoy.