Roasted Pepper & Balsamic Mushrooms Salad is an Italian inspired salad, full of earthy flavors. Balsamic mushrooms pair well with roasted peppers and nutty arugula.
After fruits in my salads, Iam a big fan of roasted peppers, quick burn on a naked stovetop, and you get a blast of earthy flavors to your salad. I have been wanting to try mushrooms with roasted peppers for a long time, so here it is.
The mushrooms are how i like them the best. A splash of balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, and some soy, and some honey, and some garlic, and some thyme 😀 Yes, simple and me don’t go well together. But they are the yummest form of mushrooms you will ever have.
This is Salad #15 for my #saladforlunchbox and #100happysalads series.
- 10-15 mushrooms, washed and halved
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp of honey
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp of chopped thyme
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- handful of red chards & Arugula
- 1 big red pepper
- 2 cubes of feta, crumbled
- 1 chicken breast , thawed (optional)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, few drops honey, salt and pepper for chicken.
- Marinate the chicken with balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the mushrooms. Heat a wide bottom skillet, add some olive oil, and add the chopped ginger, let it fry for a few seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, balsamic, soy, thyme, salt, pepper and honey.
- Add the mushrooms to it, leaving space between them, and fry on high, till all the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat, and let it cool.
- Grill the chicken on a grill pan, frying for 4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile roast the red pepper on a naked stovetop, and keep turning till black from all corners.
- Remove from heat, and cover it in an aluminium foil for a few seconds to become juicy.
- Open and let it cool. Cut into thin stripes.
- Remove the peel of the roasted red pepper, under running water, and cut into thin stripes.
- Mix all the ingredients, peppers, mushrooms, and drizzle some olive oil and salt and pepper if required.
- Crumble some feta cheese on top and serve.
- Always fry mushrooms in small quantities to avoid getting watery, and good roasting.
- Use a flat bottomed non stick skillet to fry the mushrooms.
- Use any green leaves handy to add freshness to the salad, aruula and baby spinach will also go well with this salad.