Roasted Beetroot & Fig Salad with with goat cheese, rocket leaves and a honey parsley vinaigrette is yet another summer favorite salad, easy and wholesome.
One of my favorite salads, created out of the blue, when i caught hold of really sweet and juicy figs a few days back. If you have not tried this combination yet, its high time you do, roasted beets, plus figs plus goat cheese is a combination made in heaven. Top it with some favorite arugula / rocket leaves, and you don’t need to say anything else.
As i have by now mentioned it so so many times that i cannot have only leafy salads, those are not my game, i want something wholesome in my salads, and hence i try to create salads like that. In this one i started with figs, and wondered what would go with it , some veggie to compliment the fruit, and to give a burst of color to this subtle fruit too. The arugula / rocket and goat cheese are added for that hint of tart in it.
- 10 figs, peeled and quartered
- 1 big beetroot, peeled and cubed
- handful of arugula leaves, washed & dried.
- 1 tsp of goats cheese crumbled.
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- dash of balsamic vinegar (optional)
Ingredients for dressing
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp parsley, finely chopped
- Make the dressing, mix all the ingredients in a jar, and shake well to mix, keep aside.
- Wash, peel and quarter the figs, and pat dry, and keep aside.
- Wash, pat dry the beet, cut into cubes, similar to the size of figs.
- Take a baking tray, line it with parchment, pour a tsp of olive oil , sprinkle some salt, pepper, and finely chopped parsley, and bake in oven for 10-15 mins on 200C.
- Mix the salad ingredients, drizzle the dressing just before you want to have it.
- Mix well and serve cold or at room temperature.