Pesto Zoodles and Chicken Salad is a easy salad recipe that gets ready in minutes, low in carbs, high in protein and beautiful flavors. Perfect for lunch or dinner that will be loved by all.
Come summers and all i think of is fresh food and refreshing flavors. And pesto comes on top of my refreshing flavors game. A pesto pasta is a perfect summers delight. Before i had changed my eating habits, pesto pasta was a go to thing. But then now both me n G agree that pasta should be a occassional thing, and he disagrees to call a salad with pasta in it, a Salad afterall. So when a few years back i discovered the concept of zoodles, noodles or spaghetti like pasta made out of zucchini, there are cool gadgets to help you with it.
I was super thrilled. I love zucchini, so zoodles had to be a hit. And its so easy to put together. make some zoodles, toss them with some storebought pesto, and add some grilled chicken, some roasted cherry tomatoes to add some color and burst of sweet and tartness, and you have a fancy meal ready in minutes. Give it a try, these gadgets are available on Amazon. Iam not a big gadgets freak, but this one i really like.Its fun too, even kids find it fun, and will eat the veggies which they otherwise dislike.
- 1 big zucchini, made into zoodles.
- 1 chicken bread, thawed
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp basil pesto
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes, cut into half
- 3-4 leaves of basil, tornOlive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Marinate you chicken with salt, pepper, olive oil, and 1/2 tsp of pesto, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Toss the tomatoes in a bowl with a tsp of olive oil and salt and pepper, so that coated.
- Spiralize the zucchini, make noodles, Set aside.
- Add a tbsp of pesto over zucchini noodles. Use your fingers to mix the pesto in with the zoodles until it is completely combined. Toss it in a heated pan for just a minute, set aside.
- Grill the chicken in a grill pan, 4 minutes on each side, remove cover with a foil, and rest for 2 mins.
- Remove from foil, let it cool, and cut into thin strip, and let cool completely.
- Grill the tomatoes in the same pan on high for a minute or two, charred in corners.
- Add the chicken strips and tomatoes into the pesto zoodles bowl. Garnish with basil leaves strips. Serve.