Pearl Couscous Salad with Green Yogurt Dressing is a simple couscous salad with loads of veggies and a light and refreshing yogurt and parsley and basil dressing.
If you have been following my #100HappySalads series, you would know that i love grains in my salads. Grains plus greens plus lots of veggies, is what i like in my salads. And pearl couscous, barley and quinoa are my all time favorites. Pearl couscous is not always available in Bangalore, so i get to cook very less with it, but i don’t mind, as its not as healthy and protien packed as quinoa, so i must as well stick to quinoa or millets.
I like yogurt based dressings, and i love pesto in my pearl couscous. So i attempted to make a green yogurt dressing, and wow, its a keeper. Some homemade yogurt / curd, handful of parsley and basil leaves, lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper and garlic, and what a dressing it turned out to be.
- 100 gm, pearl couscous.
- 1/8 cup napa cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup, red and yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup, brocolli, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- handful of parsley finely chopped
- 15-20 prawns, thawed.
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chilli flakes
Ingredients for dressing
- handful of parsley, finely chopped
- handful of basil, finely chopped
- 4-5 tbsp of yogurt
- 1 tsp of honey
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper
- Make the dressing. Add all the ingredients minus the salt and pepper into a small grinder, and blitz it for 1-2 minutes, till you have a smooth dressing ready.
- Add salt and pepper as per your liking, and keep aside, or refrigerate.
- Cook the pearl couscous, as per instructions.
- Boil 250 ml of water in a saucepan with 1/2 tsp salt, and add the couscous.
- Let it cook for 10-12 minutes. Drain in cold running water for 10 secs, and let it cool.
- I slightly cook my veggies, onion, garlic, brocolli, carrots and napa cabbage, but its optional, if you like the crunch of raw veggies. Season it with 2 pinches of salt.
- If you are not cooking your veggies, just sprinkle some salt, and leave for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the veggies together. Drizzle the dressing right before you want to serve.
- If you like soggy salads, you can leave the dressing for long.
- I added some prawns, quick stir fried, with some garlic, parsley, honey and chilli flakes. This is also optional.