Mango Clafoutis is a very easy baked mango desserts, lightly spiced with star anise and spiked with rum, this can easily become your new summer favorite.
Clafoutis is one of the easiest desserts to make at home, and healthy too, and light too, and so apt for light summer afternoon desserts. Clafoutis is a French baked dessert, custard like, usually made with cherries. It can be made with variation of any fruit you fancy. A clafoutis, puffs up like a souffle, browns on the edges, but stays creamy and custardy within.
I go crazy with the ratnagiri alphonso mangoes in summers, as much as i want to bake something with them, we end up having most of them as is, in the best form, but the baker in me itches to make things with it. Every year, the mango cheesecake, mango coconut cupcakes, and the spicy mango salsa are a must in our kitchen. I wanted to make a easy 30 min dessert for you guys, and am so glad this is exactly how i wanted it to be, easy, boozy, spiced, and mangoes in its full glory. Hope you try it and like it.
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- icing sugar to sprinkle
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 220 ºC. Butter and flour 4-6 small ramekins or 1 9 inch flat baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the mango, whisk till combined
- Seive it through a colander.
- Pour into the prepared dish and evenly place the mango on top. I used a 1/4 cup measure.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the clafoutis has puffed up.
- Sprinkle with the icing sugar.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.