- 3/4 cup Tur dal
- 1/4 cup Moong dal
- 1 bunch fresh spinack(palak)
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped(approx 10 cloves)
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped (1 inch cube)
- 2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato-finely chopped
- 4 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp ghee (or oil)
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the dals till done with 2 of the green chillies and turmeric and salt.
2. In a pan, heat the ghee. Once heated add the cumin seeds, once they start popping, add
onions and then add the garlic, ginger, remaining green chillies once the onions become light
brown, we add the ginger garlic latter as not all like the strong smell of garlic, this gives the
3. Fry till onions turn golden brown. Add tomato, spinach, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander
& salt. Saute the above mixture till it turns soft and golden.
4. Add this to the dal and mix.
Mix well, and heat on medium for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
5. Serve hot with chapatis.