Kiwi Martini is a refreshing twist to a regular martini with using vodka instead of gin, and the tart and sweet kiwis contrast very well with the vodka and gin. If you are a regular here you will know that i have a fascination for kiwi and it would reflect in my drinks section. Kiwi in cocktails and mocktails is indeed a delight and has been loved by everybody who has tried it.
Yesterday was Garg’s b’day so it was a hectic but lovely day. Neither of the two of us are experts in mixed drinks but have started exploring this arena a lot off late, and he has very proudly appointed me as his bartender cum mixologist.. so I’d definitely treat him with one of my latest findings. So this was his post cake midnight treat, served with some fried sausages, the guy was mighty impressed.
- 1 Kiwi Fruit
- 2 tbsp lime cordial(or lime juice)
- 1 tbsp sugar syrup
- ice cubes
- Freeze the Martini glass for 15 20 minutes and take it out just at the time you want to serve it.
- Muddle one Kiwi with sugar syrup and lime cordial in a Martini Shaker or a simple glass, no worries.
- Add three ounces / 60 ml Vodka, and lots of ice.
- Shake well and pour into sugar rimmed(optional) martini glass. You may like to include the kiwi seeds that add a good flavor.
- Garnish it with a half slit kiwi for that photogenic look.