This Kiwi Mango and Mint Martini is a stellar summer cocktail. Martinis essentially are gin based cocktails, but the absence of gin and availability of Vodka gave birth to this zingy cocktail and what a successful experimentation it turned out to be.
For teetotallers and midwayers like me, I replaced the vodka with some fizzy 7up and it did the trick for me, with the sun soaring high here in Bangalore, we definitely needed something like this to rack up our brains.
This drink is screaming chill and freshness, making it perfect for summer evenings or summer spring parties. The Kiwi Mango Minty cooler is light and refreshing and a cool fruity mix of kiwi vodka and mango. Added to that the refreshing hint of mint and we have a fantastic drink.
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 2-3 1 inch cubes of mango peices
- 2 tbsp lime cordial(or lime juice)
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1/4-1/2 cup Mango Nectar/ Juice
- Ice cubes
- A ring of Kiwi, a sprig of mint, and 2 small pieces of mango for garnishing.
- Freeze the martini glass for 15-20 minutes and take it out just at the time you want to serve it.
- Muddle 1 Kiwi and the mango pieces with the lime cordial in a Martini Shaker or simply in a glass.
- Add 3 ounces of vodka, and 3-4 ice cubes.
- Replace the vodka with 7Up or Sprite.
- Shake well and pour into sugar rimmed(optional) martini glass. You may like to include the kiwi seeds that add a good flavor. This takes 3.4 of the glass.
- Top the remaining one fourth of the glass with Mango nectar.
- Garnish it with a half slit kiwi, mango pieces and mint for that photogenic look.