This Mirchi Fry is the perfect accompaniment for the roti and dal, or for the ones who want to make their food spiced up a notch. Prepped with handy ingredients from your pantry, and ready in flat 15 minutes, is my Mother in laws favorite accompaniment always.
Our house has gone down on the spice consumption a lot in the past few years and we cannot match up their reqs, and in such times, she will always mix up this beauty in minutes and only then their meal would be complete. Guess its a part of every north Indian meal, and why not, pickles, chutneys, and likes complete any indian meal.
I have seen her mix it up every week, best part, she will also carry some home on her travel, you cannot trust the non spice eaters much right 🙂 I love the remanent oils and the masala with parathas or simply with a regular meal, but am sure many mirchi lovers would love it as a whole. Both mumma and papa love it with every meal, if it reminds you of home, go stir it up.
- 10 big green Chillies
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp amchoor / 1/2 tsp lemon juice.
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Mustard oil for frying.
- Clean and dry the chillies with a kitchen towel and keep aside.
- Mix all the filling ingredients and keep aside.
- Slit the chillies lengthwise leaving 1/4 inches in the corners.
- Fill 1/4tsp each of the masala into the chillies, lengthwise, keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of mustard oil in a flat frying pan, and let it fume.
- Now add the chillies into it and stir in intervals of 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Remove from heat when browned on all sides and serve.
- These chillies are not spicy / don’t remove the seeds, it adds up to the flavors.
- You may think the masala is less, either double the volume, or make it once, and then see if you need more filling as per your taste.
- Cooking with mustard oil, you should always let it fume completely before cooking in it, else the oil would smell raw in your food.
- Cut into 2-3 pcs and store in air tight container in refrigerator to serve as a pickle / accompaniment.