Grilled Beans Plums and Chicken Salad comes in our A list of lunch box salads. Filled with crunch of beans, and juiciness from the plums,a delightful and colorful salad this one is. Replace the plums with apricots or whatever stone fruit you find handy, like apricots or nectarines, and this is sure to delight you.
I picked this idea from a betterhomes magazine, added some red and yellow peppers, some garlic, and herbs, removed the orzo, and made a clean and healthy and flavorful salad out of it.
If you know me through my instagram stories(instagram handle @thefoodsaga), you would know i do a salad a day for G’s lunchbox. morning hours from 5am to 7am is a hustle, waking up and getting yourself present at the kitchen at the first place, lunch and breakfast and then he rushing to battle KR Puram traffic, and me for my run, all in those 2 hours, but i like it, it is like my morning tea, gets me ready for the day, and also feels good on the days when i end up creating something lovely on the taste front, and ofcource has to look good too.
Some of you ask me, how do i grill my chicken and say the plums in this case. I use a this Prestige Grill pan, it works like magic, easy to clean, and give the perfect grilled taste and look i desire. This is a keeper, you ought to try this please.
If you like this, do try this out, you have more ideas, either ways, give us a shout out in comments below, or send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love hearing from you, that is what keeps us going.
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 Chicken Breast, defrosted
- 15-20 french beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup thin slices of red and yellow peppers
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 plum cut into 1 inch cubes
- Salt to taste
- Pepper for marination
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- Add a tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper, and balsamic vinegar (or a few drops of lemon), add the defrosted chicken in a ziplock bag and shake well, let it sit in the refrigerator for 15 mins.
- Grill the chicken 5-6 minutes on a grilling pan, on both sides till its just cooked through.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, before you shred it into long strips, in similar size as the veggies.
- On the hot pan, brush a little oil, sprinkle a pinch of salt, and add the plum pieces.
- Let it stay till it is grilled and had dark charred marks on one side.
- Remove from pan and let it cool
- Meanwhile heat a nonstick pan, add some oil, add finely chopped garlic, let it turn brown.
- Add the french beans, let it fry for a minute or 2 on high flame, add salt and pepper, lower the flame, and close the lid.
- Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes or till cooked, it will shrink a little.
- Just towards the end, add the cut peppers, and fry for 1/2 a minute on high flame, just a little browned, to retain the crunch.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- When the chicken is cool and shredded, mix the veggies and chicken with your fingers.
- If you are packing the salad for a lunchbox, don’t mix too much, let it be mixed just before eating.
- Plums are available in abundance right now, replace it with any stonefruit available for you now.
- Read the Salad Dressings Simplified article to build your own favorite salad dressing.
- I have listed my favorite salad add ons, discover your choice of add ons there.
- Read the Salad Basics Decoded to read more on salad basics if it may interest you.