This Classic Brownies recipe is the only brownie recipe you will ever need to satiate your sweet tooth cravings. Did you know that the original – classic – brownies, were actually a MISTAKE, yeah you heard that right, it was meant to be a cake, which minus the baking powder turned out to be this richer, denser, still fudgy goodness of a chocolate dessert which was there to stay. So if you come across a brownie recipe with baking powder, soda et all, well well you know you are not looking at anything close to traditional ones, well, you wont look for any recipe post this one, 5 simple ingredients, 15-20 minutes of your active time and voila, the richest, fudgiest, chocolate oozing inside, brownies are your answer to all brownie vows.
I consider myself a brownie maniac, i must have made like more than 200 batches of brownies till date, and have experimented from nutella brownies, to cheesecake swirl brownies, to peanut butter brownies, to caramel brownies and what not, but this classic brownie is a winner always, somethings are best devoured in its simplest form, warm, topped with some vanilla ice cream, what goodness.
The best brownies are the ones made with real chocolate, some good ones are made with just cocoa, but lets not beat around the bush, real chocolate brownies are the best anyday. Brownies are very simple to make, you just have to be gentle with it, and you will always get the crust on top, and a fudgy inside. So yes, 5 ingredients, 15-20 minutes of your active time and voila, the richest, fudgiest, chocolate oozing inside, brownies are ready.
Lets jump right to it, do try it, and then make variations of your choice, add nutella, add chikki, add peanut butter swirls, etc etc, the experiments can be endless, and brownies can never disappoint you.
- 175gm Dark Chocolate, Chopped
- 125gm / 1/2 cup Butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup / 175 gm brown sugar / granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp / 125 gm all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 165-175°C (350°F).
- Place 3/4 the chocolate and butter in a small microwave safe bowl and stir every 20 secs just until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the sugar, eggs in a bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Mix the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Now add the flour and whisk lightly to combine completely.
- Stir through the remaining chocolate pieces and pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8*8 inch tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in tin for 45-60 minutes and cut into squares. Serves 8-9.