Chicken Keema Masala is a simple dry sabzi loved by most non-vegeterian Indian households, easy to prepare and can be a party menu item as well. Keema or minced meat is easily available of the shelf these days, and can be used as a side, in samosas, in sandwiches, or made into keema koftas to go into a succulent curry.
If you have been a regular visitor here, you would know that ours is a household of a vegetarian married to a hard core meat eater, so i have had the opportunity to learn wonderful curries and sabzis in the course of this marriage and now i am myself hooked to non vegetarian cooking. Just another boneless variant of chicken, was one of the first things i got comfortable with cooking.
Chicken Keema Masala is a goto recipe in our kitchen on the days when hardly any vegetables are left in the refrigerator and we still want to have something good, that can be made in a jiffy, coz on the days when your pantry is not well stocked, it means you are also running short on time.
Try this keema as a side, or make samosas with this as a filling and have people praising you for all the hard work, even tough this is one of the easiest things to stir up.
- 250 gms chicken kheema
- 3 big onions finely chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 green chillies slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric pwd
- 1 tsp chilli pwd
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 egg boiled and diced.
Directionsfor Chicken Keema Masala
- Heat some oil in a wok and add the cumin seeds, let it splutter, now add the green chillies and onion to it, and saute for 3-4 minutes, till the onions turn a little brown.
- To this add the ginger garlic paste and saute for another minute. To this add the peas and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the spices and saute for a minute. Now add the kheema to it and cook till the kheema is cooked completely.
- Garnish with coriander and egg dices. Hope you guys liked the cute little face i made, i enjoyed it.