Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce Pasta is a healthier and pleasant change to the otherwise heavier butter and flour based Alfredo sauce Pasta.
The Authentic Alfredo sauce made out of Butter Cheese, flour and Heavy cream. It is delicious but very heavy and fattening. This recipe is perfect alternative and delicious and healthy too.
Try replacing the veggies as you like it, I like it with spinach and asparagus, and the kids also like it like these. You can instead add some zucchini, or peppers, and it will taste equally good, it will be your version of pasta, and will definitely be good.
- 1 Medium size Cauliflower
- 1 Cup 2% Milk
- ¼ Cup parmigiano reggiano cheese / Parmesan Cheese, grated.
- 4-5 Cloves grated Garlic
- 1 Pound Fettuccine Pasta
- 1 Cup Spinach, chopped
- 1 Cup of Asparagus, chopped
- Handful of Basil, chopped
- 2 sprigs of parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil then add salt, Add Cauliflower florets and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Take out the Cauliflower florets from the water and add the Asparagus and chopped spinach in the boiling water and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now take out the vegetables from the water and keep aside.
- Now in the boiling water cook pasta al dente then drain.
- Add cooked cauliflower florets and little boiling water (pasta cooking water) in the food processor and make a smooth paste.
- Now in a different pan put 1 tbsp of olive oil and sauté the chopped garlic for 2-3 minutes, add the milk and cauliflower paste and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Toss pasta with cauliflower sauce and milk and vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and add some basil and parsley and some grate cheese of course.
- Change the veggies as per your choice.
- Use the pasta of your choice, it tastes good with spaghetti too.