OK one fine day a bunch of u will sew me for torturing u with all this bakwaas.. 🙂 till then i guess i can go on with it 😛 .. Bread upma is one easy quick and luxury thing for me when iam lazy but want to have a good home cooked breakfast.. dont want to have a sandwich.. dont want to have d blande cornflake.. there i go .. fetching the bread for a good upma whatever you wanna call it. It is a dry upma.. so evertime i make it, my tomato ketchup keeps calling out.. ‘hey swati aap banaye bread upma behter..’ 🙂 seriuosly it enhances the taste.. and makes it much better.. as always this bread and ketchup duo goes so well… 🙂 Here goes my quick and simple Bread upma..
- 6 slices of bread
- 4 medium sized onions
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- 2 green chillies slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp turmeric pwd
- 1/2 tsp chilli pwd
- 2 tsp coriander pwd(dhania)
- 1 tsp chal masala (optional)
- 7-8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- salt to taste
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and the green chillies, once it splutters add the finely chopped(lengthwise) onions and saute till brown.
- Now add all the spices and saute for another 2 minutes, and then add the tomato ketchup
- To this add the small bread pieces to this, and stir continuously so that the onion mixture covers all the bread pieces consistently.
- Cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and may be some more ketchup 🙂
Enjoy a quick n easy breakfast on a lazy sunday morning as we did 🙂 This goes as my second entry to the Recipe Marathon. Would update soon what are my fellow runners upto today.Dhivya’s Simple yet tempting Peas Pulav
Lakshmi’s lovely Thengai dosai or Coconut Dosa
Siri’s refreshing Kosambari
Sri’s home version of the Sambar Powder
Raaga’s interesting Sundal.
Bhags yummilicious Coffee Cake.
Divya’s perfect snacks, the Vegetable puffs.
Arundhati’s Taste n Create Pierogies