- 1/2 cup besan (gramflour)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, grated (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red & yellow capsicums
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Dry pomegranate seeds ( anardana) (optional)
- 2 Green chillies(finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
Directions for Besan Cheela
- Mix all the ingredients, till a batter of medium consistency is obtained, flows off the spoon in a few seconds, live rawa dosa.
- Now heat a non stick tawa, add some oil to the hot tawa.
- Take little of the above batter,and slowly spread it ,on tawa, it should be thin (Just like how we make Dosa or pancake).
- Small holes will form on the top, add some oil and let it cook on a medium flame, till it is brown on the bottom and dries up at the top.
- Toss it and let it cook on other side too.
- Serve with chutney, tomato ketchup, pickle, chundoo etc..
This was made as a part of this months Taste & Create, its been such a pleasure to be a part of it for the second time and i hope i participate regularly as long as possible., for those who don’t know about this one, its an event where Nicole diligently pairs up two bloggers and each one of them has to cook up something from the others blog, the best thing i like about this event is that it makes you explore the most of your partners blog which otherwise you would never do, well i might get lazy that ways, this time i was paired with a blogger friend Medhaa, yeah the sweet n simple medha with an extra A, yes the Medhaa who cooks with love, the one stop blog for sindhi cooking, and healthy and different yummyy cuisines, i love her sindhi creations, but because of time constraint i had to choose something simple, and what can be better than the simplest comfort food, and healthy of course,chilro in sindhi, cheela in hindi, gram flour pancakes for the rest.