Moist Banana Walnut Muffin are the most moist muffin recipe, using 3 ripe bananas, and lots of walnuts for the crunch, perfect for warm and fuzzy breakfast.
If the waistline permitted, i could have lived on banana bread or these Moist Banana Walnut Muffin, this is one of my favorite recipes, and will soon be yours too. bakery style, super moist and flavorful, and stays fresh for days. These were one of the firsts when i started baking. So easy, and wow so satisfying. Its like the magic of baking unveils in front of you.
Its weird how these weren’t on the blog all this while, infact these are something i suggest all my students to play around with. I always say, when you start baking, you should try easy fail proof recipes, to boost your morale.. later when you have your ground, go experiment, when you get your basics right, you can amp up the fruits, substitute flour, play with other nuts, add chia seeds, and the options are unlimited.
With parents shifting in with us, i get more opportunity to bake these as papa likes simple tea cakes and muffins for snacking once in a while. So yay, more tea cakes will be coming up..
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12 muffin pan with muffin liners, and set aside.
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon powder in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Mix in butter, sugar, milk, egg and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined – do not over mix.
- Fold in half the walnuts.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter into the lined muffin pan cups.
- Sprinkle the rest of walnuts over the muffins.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan on a wire rack or cold surface for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and store in airtight container.
- The muffins stay fresh in an air tight container for 4-5 days.
- These muffins also freeze very well, but they have never stayed that long for me to try.
- When carrying as a snack, wrap in a cling wrap to maintain moistness.