I love Avocado Toasts so much that i cannot explain. When i was first introduced to avacado a few years ago, i never knew it will grow on to me so much that it will become a regular ingredient in my pantry. This crispy Toast, so easy to put together, topped with the toppings of your choice, will be your best bet for breakfasts and snack boxes.
If you knew avocados only as the main ingredient in a guacamole, thant green dip in mexican nacho platters, oh yes, then you should know these health benefits and am sure you would like to experiments more with it. This toast is the best place to start.
For those who know me, the fact that my younger daughter also loves it as much, you have double thumbs up for its health quotient.
5 Health Benefits of Avocado
Avocados are loaded with fibre
They contain more potassium from Bananas
They are incredibly nutritious with high contents of the vital vitamins.
They can lower cholesterol and Triglyceride levels.
They are loaded with antioxidants
- 2 bread slices or wholegrain bread / ciabatta / baguette
- 1 Large soft Avocado
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped or 10 cherry tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Mint Chutney / Basil pesto
- Fresh slices of Mozzarella / boccaccini (For Vegetarian option, Optional)
- Bacon / Poached egg (For non-veggie option, optional)
- Cut your avocado into cubes & mash into a paste, season with plenty of salt & pepper. (depends how chunky you would like it)
- Slice your tomato, boccaccini or Bacon, or eggs, and fry or toast it in a dash of olive oil and seasoning as you like it.
- Toast your bread, in the oven or toaster with some olive oil and a little seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Spread a tsp or so of the chutney / pesto of your choice, on your toast, omit it if you don’t have some handy.
- Spread the avocado mash to the toasted bread & layer on slices of tomato, cheese or Bacon or egg, whatever you fancy that day.
- Tada, relish your avocado toast!