This 2 Min Microwave Mugcake is a perfect treat ready with very common ingredients in your pantry. Can Chocolate ever go wrong? Make these for your midnight cravings or a fun activity with your kids, or a quick treat for your sudden guests, and have super happy faces to see.
When i was thinking what should i do for Children’s Day, i wanted to do something easy and quick, which the kids can do it themselves, and then i wondered, i have a kid inside me too :D, will you not think of something to satiate my cravings Swati? and then i thought of this ever handy recipe, which was still missing from the blog. Easy ingredients, no technique at all, and such fun results.
Once you get a hang of it, you can improvise, change ingredients, come up with new flavor combinations, and uplift your mood instantly.
A video to learn this cake quick.
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour / maida
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 1 tbsp nutella / 4-5 small pieces of chocolate (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a mug, use a fork to thoroughly mix them.
- Mix the liquid ingredients in a separate mug / bowl, and beat and mix them for a minute.
- Now mix the dry and wet ingredients together, and beat them well, to get a smooth mixture.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- The centre will have some molten nutella or chocolate, look out for it, if you are sharing it with somebody.
- There are many variations of this mug cake, add or omit the nutella, you may add 2-3 pieces of your favorite chocolate instead. Just add, no need to mix, this will give the molten centre.
- The water is important, if you had forgotten to add the water, you can still sprinkle some water to get a moist cake.
- Omit the egg, but you will get a denser cake, i have tried replacing it with 2 tbsps dahi / yogurt, and its a decent substitute.