This 15 min microwave coconut laddoo is the easiest homemade sweet you can made this Diwali. Are you like me who starts missing all the bakshanam made in a tam-brahm household, or love how your mom would make a barfi or laddoo at home? I can understand the nostalgia there, Amma used to make this wonderful Badam burfi, which i have never dared to try, hopefully i will someday.
But we are the lazy bums, I will spend hours making complicated masterchef desserts, but cannot get my act together for complicated indian desserts, but my aunts in Jamshedpur and Calcutta and Hyd, and the one the US, are masters in making Diwali sweets, be it barfis, or laddoos or awesome Ricotta Kalakand! How cool is that. I will try to slowly bring those recipes to you. But this is one of my favorites, Diwali and Nariyal Laddoo are synonymous, and if the method of making it can be this simple, why not!
- 1 cup Freshly grated coconut
- 2 tbsp castor Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Milk powder
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 2-3 Saffron strings, crushed
- Pistachios, crushed for garnish
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the ghee and sugar and melt for 30 sec.
- Remove from microwave and add fresh grated coconut and mix well. Microwave for 3 mins, stir every 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave, add milk, milk powder, cardamom powder, crushed saffron.
- Microwave for 3 mins, stir every 30 secs.You will observe the coconut to be cooked and all the milk is absorbed.
- Cool it and divide into 6-8 equal portions. Shape each portion into round balls like laddoo. Decorate with pistachios.
- There are methods using only condensed milk too, but this is a method with handy ingredients.
- You may add some crushed pistachios and almonds at the 4th step it you want richer laddoos.